Blackmore Vale Community Rail Partnership
Blackmore Vale Community Rail Partnership was set up in January 2016 and officially launched in Sherborne, West Dorset in March 2016 as a result of a franchise pledge by South West Trains. Our Community Rail Partnership is strengthened by the commitment of South West Trains, the main funder, and its responsibility for the development and implementation of a community rail strategy. Our core aims are to promote the area to prospective rail passengers and to work with local people to improve the stations belonging to the rail partnership.
- A joint enterprise working with local groups, people and businesses.
- Non-profit making with a membership open to local people and
- representatives of commercial, statutory and voluntary organisations
- who are interested in promoting our core aims.
- Working to our strategy and core aims reflected in our Line Action Plan.
- A 20-strong Board with members overseeing our collaborative work. We meet quarterly and review the actions in the Line Action Plan.